:MOVE Mini Buggy Kit
The :MOVE Mini Buggy Kit from Kitronik provides a fun introduction to robotics using the micro:bit. Specifically, the :MOVE Mini is a two wheeled robot that is suitable for autonomous operation, remote control projects via a Bluetooth application, or being controlled using a second micro:bit as a controller thanks to the micro:bit’s radio functionality.
Each buggy is propelled by two continuous rotation servo motors whose speed can be controlled by simply altering the PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) signal, which is easy to do using the Servo blocks in the Microsoft MakeCode Block editor. The :MOVE Mini also has five RGB individually addressable ZIP LEDs (NeoPixel compatible), which can be used as indicators, reverse lights, and more!
The included Kitronik :MOVE servo:lite board can also be used in conjunction with a micro:bit to build other movement based projects. There are even guides detailing; how to control a third servo, how to code the buggy to draw shapes, how to write code for the on-board ZIP LEDs, how to code the buggy for Bluetooth control, and how to use a second micro:bit as a controller.
Note: The :Move Mini Buggy does NOT include a micro:bit board. The micro:bit board will need to be purchased separately. Additionally, this kit does require an intermediate level of construction, so make sure to read the assembly instructions fully!
- 1x Set of chassis parts
- 2x Micro 360 degree continuous rotation Servos with accessories
- 1x Servo:Lite board
- 2x Counter sunk M3 6mm screw
- 5x Counter sunk M3 8mm screw
- 6x M2 16mm Pan head steel screw
- 6x M2 Hex Full Width Nut
- 3x AAA Batteries
- The kit offers a fun introduction to the world of DIY robotics.
- Add code for autonomous operation.
- Use in conjunction with an App and control it over Bluetooth.
- Use the radio function and a second microbit as a controller.
- Attach a pen and code the robot to draw shapes.